[pgpool-hackers: 1130] Concerns about pgpool_adm

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Oct 29 16:13:38 JST 2015

We have some set of C functions called "pgpool_adm" which allow to
access PCP via SQL.  Those tools are handy and useful but have not
been well maintained. For example:

- No documents

- Do not compile cleanly with latest PostgreSQL version

- Lacking of regression tests

Besides those, PostgreSQL C functions used in those functions could
potentially conflict with new functions used PCP. For example, ereport
has exactly same signature in both PostgreSQL and pgpool, same thing
can be said to pstrdup. Zappig CPP result shows that ereport are
imported from PostgreSQL's own header files, which makes me a little
bit comfortable.

I am working on the issuses above but if someone volunteer to help me,
for example, the documentation part.