[pgpool-hackers: 1143] Re: [pgpool-committers: 2787] pgpool: Fix pgpool_setup to use DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR in pg_config_manua

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Nov 4 16:56:57 JST 2015

I don't think this is a right direction to fix the problem.
pg_config_manual.h may not exist in the all of the installation of
PostgreSQL. Moreover, DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR is just a default and
packers can override it by pgpool.conf or environment
variable.

Probably the right fix is adding new option to pgpool_setup and
regression script to specify where the PostgreSQL socket dir is in the
installtion.