[pgpool-hackers: 1255] pgpool-II should fail to start when add request is rejected

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Dec 21 19:22:44 JST 2015

Usama,

When watchdog ADD request is rejected due to configuration inconsistency,
the FATAL error occurs at the rejected watchdog.

 FATAL:  Add to watchdog cluster request is rejected by node "localhost:9000"

However, after that, the pgpool-II parent process remains but any children
are not forked. I can't terminate pgpool by `pgpool stop` but we have to
use kill command.

I think pgpool-II should fail to start and be terminated cleanly in
this situation.

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>