[pgpool-hackers: 1189] Re: Problem with pcp's UNIX domain socket

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:43:36 JST 2015

Hi Ishii San

I don't think that PCP client side is required to recognize the
*pcp_socket_dir*, one because *pcp_socket_dir* only sets the directory
where the PCP server in pgpool-II would create the unix domain socket file.
And to connect to PCP server using the unix domain socket, pcp_* clients
needs to provide that path in hostname option of the command

For example, if pcp_socket_dir = '/tmp' the client can put this pcp_socket_dir
path in -h command line argument of pcp_* commands

$ bin/pcp_watchdog_info -h  /tmp/ -U postgres -v 0

Secondly, pcp_* frontend clients have no dependency on and visibility
of pgpool.conf file, so they have no idea about pcp_socket_dir value.

Thanks
Best regards
Muhammad Usama