[pgpool-hackers: 882] pgpool-II RPM names

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Mon Apr 20 14:49:32 JST 2015

Currently we offer "official" RPMs for pgpool-II and pgpoolAdmin at:
http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Yum_Repository

RPM package names offered by the yum repository are something like
this:

pgpool-II-pg94-3.4.2

This is not only inconvenient because users need to explicitly choose
the right minor version number but also it's not consistent with
PostgreSQL's package name policy. PostgreSQL's policy is something
like "postgresql-94" which does not include the minor version numbers.

Can we change pgpool-II RPM package name to something like?

pgpool-II-pg94-34

or

pgpool-II-34-pg94