[pgpool-hackers: 856] PREPARE should be load-balanced?

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Apr 7 18:02:46 JST 2015

Hi,

I have reviewed pool_where_to_send() and send_to_where() and
updated documents. In this work, I found that PREPARE statements
are not allowed to load-balanced both in streaming-replication
mode and native-replication mode.

At streaming-replication mode, in send_to_where(), a statement
is extracted from PREPARE and proccessed by sent_to_where()
recursively. So,  I believe this is intended to be load-balanced
if the prepared statement is SELECT or COPY FROM.

However, in pool_where_to_send(), PREPARE is never load-balanced
because is_select_query() doesn't return true for PREPARE. As the
result, EXECUTE and DEALLOCATE are also never load-balanced.

Is this a bug or intended?

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>