[pgpool-hackers: 691] Re: [pgpool-committers: 2326] pgpool: Reorganize port numbers assigned in pgool_setup.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Sat Nov 29 11:12:26 JST 2014

Hi pgpool hackers,

I have made following changes to pgpool_setup (and regression test to
meet the pgpool_setup change). The idea behind this is to fix the port
number assigned to pgpool and pcp. I was too often confused by the
pgpool port number, sometimes accidentally connect to PostgreSQL,
rather than pgpool and wasted my time. Now I can always use port 11000
to connect to pgpool and 11001 for pcp(unless you specify base port
number). I hope this change is good for you as well.

This change applied to master and 3.4-stable branch. I'm a little bit
hesitate to apply to 3.3-stable since this is not a trivial change.