[pgpool-hackers: 683] pgpool-II on Windows

Ken Young Ken.Young at sas.com
Mon Nov 24 23:18:08 JST 2014

Folks,
I know people have asked about this before.  But I'd like to look into doing this work myself.  That is, port the current Unix pgpool-II code to Windows (Visual Studio 2013).   I took a quick look at the code - it didn't see too much that would cause a lot of problems.  The one part that I saw that I need to look more into is the Virtual IP component.

A couple of questions:

1.       Has anyone started work on this already?

2.       Do I need to register as a pgpool-II contributor?

3.       If I did do this and created a common code base with the Unix version, what would it take for the community to adopt and support it?

4.       I'm not planning on porting pgpoolAdmin to Windows.  Would this be a problem?

Ken Young
Ken.Young at sas.com
Platform Research and Development
SAS Institute, Inc.