[pgpool-hackers: 519] TODO items for 3.4

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Mon May 19 16:28:16 JST 2014

Hi pgpool-II hackers,

I think now is the time to consider what features should be included
in up coming 3.4. Here are some random lists from my
thoughts. Comments are welcome.

- Import PostgreSQL 9.4 parser. Our parser is based on PostgreSQL 9.2
  and some new syntax are missed. I would like to accept those new
  syntax's.

- Allow to bind to IPv6 network.

- More fine grain control for load balancing like tables, databases,
  users, client IPs.

- Allow to change timeout parameter of select(2) while waiting for
  connect(2) to PostgreSQL. Currently it's hard coded as 1 second,
  which may not be enough for flaky networks.

- Allow to allocate memory dynamically for
  pool_extract_error_message(per bug #90).

- Recognize multi statement queries.

Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp