[pgpool-hackers: 575] Re: WIP patch for PG94 parser import

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Mon Jul 7 08:54:52 JST 2014

> Tatsuo,
> What is the remaining todo list for 3.4? Do you have a beta date in mind?

Out of our TODOs: (http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/TODO)
    1.1 Enhance performance of extended protocol case
    1.2 Ability to load balance based on Client IP, database, table etc.
    1.3 Automatically reattach a node in streaming master/slave configuration
    1.4 Allow to use client encoding
    1.5 Send read query only to standbys even after fail over
    1.6 Recognize multi statemnet queries
    1.7 Cursor statements are not load balanced, sent to all DB nodes in replication mode
    1.8 Support IPV6 network
    1.9 Handle abnormal down of virtual IP interface when watchdog enabled
    1.10 Do not invalidate query cache created in a transaction in some cases
    1.11 Fix memory leak in pool_config.c
    1.12 Add SET commnad
    1.13 Put together a definition of error codes into a single header file
    1.14 Create separate process for health checking
    1.15 Import PostgreSQL's latch module
    1.16 Remove parallel query
    1.17 Add switch to control select(2) time out in connecting to PostgreSQL

I think followings are important and could be doable for 3.4:

    1.2 Ability to load balance based on Client IP, database, table etc.
    1.11 Fix memory leak in pool_config.c
    1.17 Add switch to control select(2) time out in connecting to PostgreSQL

Also remember that we should fix all issues reported by Coverity.

Probably this is also very important:
    1.1 Enhance performance of extended protocol case

but I don't know how to implement at this moment.