[pgpool-hackers: 273] Re: transaction pooling mode?

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri May 31 08:00:07 JST 2013

On 05/30/2013 03:56 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>> Yes, but to be honest, still I'm not convinced yet if the feature is
>> worth the work needed to implement it. Maybe we can evaluate
>> pgbuncer+pgpool cascading system first to see if it's really usefull.
>
> Another interesting question is SSL support. I heard that pgbouncer
> does not support SSL (in at least transaction mode). I'm not sure if
> it is just because of lacking of implementaion in pgbouncer, but I can
> guess it will be very hard to implement SSL with transacton mode
> because OpenSSL is designed in session based manner.

pgbouncer does not support ssl which is a huge pain. They suggest you
use stunnel which doesn't scale at all.

JD

> --
> Tatsuo Ishii
> SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
> Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc
For my dreams of your image that blossoms
    a rose in the deeps of my heart. - W.B. Yeats