[pgpool-hackers: 213] Re: Build farm for pgpool-II?

Warren Armstrong WA at quintessencelabs.com
Wed Apr 17 16:05:58 JST 2013

Hi,

Buildbot (http://buildbot.net/) might be useful in this context - we've found it reasonably useful, albeit on a small scale.

Cheers,
Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: pgpool-hackers-bounces at pgpool.net [mailto:pgpool-hackers-bounces at pgpool.net] On Behalf Of Tatsuo Ishii
Sent: Wednesday, 17 April 2013 4:43 PM
To: pgpool-hackers at pgpool.net
Subject: [pgpool-hackers: 211] Build farm for pgpool-II?

Hi,

I'm thinking about creating automated testing framework something like PostgreSQL's build farm. Since pgpool-II is a complex software and it works with multiple PostgreSQL, it's pretty hard to create automated testing frame work. I know. However, without good testing tools, the quality of software will not be enhanced. Anything would be better than nothing. So what I have in my mind is, based on this:

[pgpool-hackers: 190] Tool to create testing environment

and creating set of shell scripts, each of them corresponds to specific test case. I would love to hear opinions or any better idea.
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp