[pgpool-hackers: 158] Re: [Pgpool-hackers] Reload does not help if password file changed

Gurjeet Singh singh.gurjeet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:58:12 JST 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> wrote:

> 3.1

> >> No. However it recently comes in 3.1 stable tree. See [pgpool-general:
> >> 1146] and upthread for more details.
> >>

> > Are you talking about this  thread?
>
> No. This one.
>
> http://www.pgpool.net/pipermail/pgpool-general/2012-October/001165.html
>
> > http://www.pgpool.net/pipermail/pgpool-general/2012-October/001146.html
> >
> > I couldn't see anything relevant to pool_passwd.conf reload in that
> thread!
> >
> > Can you please explain what you meant by 'it recently comes to 3.1'. Does
> > it mean that this feature will be available in next minor version of
> 3.1.x?
>
> Yes.

I am glad to see commit  d5930588747f1d0759411f494714a7909efe5e35 land in
version 3.1; it wasn't committed to stable branches despite my argument at
the time that it is a bug, and not a new feature.

<snip>
Also, would it be possible to back-patch this to previous stable versions?
As my earlier complaints, I wouldn't treat this as new feature, but a bug
which always got overlooked, because SIGHUP is always supposed to reload
the config files and yet password changes were never updated. My 2 cents.
</snip>

--
Gurjeet Singh

http://gurjeet.singh.im/