[pgpool-hackers: 154] Re: persisting pgpool status

alex alex at smalldemons.com
Fri Nov 9 02:19:15 JST 2012

I think the problem you should be trying to solve is that you didn't
know about the failover.

You have several options for monitoring that.  I have the
failover_command in pgpool.conf send an alert as well as perform the
failover.  In case that somehow doesn't make it through, I have another
script tailing the pgpool logs for "health_check: (\d+) th DB node
status: (\d)$" and if the second number isn't 2, it sends an alert.  It
also makes sure the health check is in the last two minutes, which
assures me the health checks are running. You could get the same
information from pcp_pool_status if you'd prefer to monitor remotely
through Nagios or something.

   alex