[pgpool-hackers: 74] Re: pgpool-II fails to restart using redhat/pgpool.init

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Jun 1 16:05:57 JST 2012

Hello, Devrim

I have fixed the pgpool.init to stop pgpool using by "pgpool stop -m f".
Option '-m f' is meant to stop pgpool successfully even when connected
from some frontend.

In your original pgpool.init, stop() runs "pgpool stop &" as a
background process (with '&'). (although it is commented out...)
This allows new pgpool to start before old pgpool completely stop,
so I removed '&'.

I have attached the patch.
Could you please review it?

--