[pgpool-general: 8991] Pgpool II not able perform node recovery

Ang Sei Heng seiheng at sendquick.com
Mon Jan 8 00:03:48 JST 2024

Hello,

Hope someone can help me out on this.

I have a very weird problem with the Pgpool-II setup in my office.

Just some background, I follow the steps from the configuration example
from here: https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-configs.html

I manage to setup 3 nodes and able to run pcp_promote_node to the
cluster. However, when I tried to try pcp_recovery_node, it encountered
error:

2024-01-05 13:02:16.233: pcp_child pid 27333: ERROR:  executing
recovery, execution of command failed at "1st stage"
2024-01-05 13:02:16.233: pcp_child pid 27333: DETAIL:
command:"recovery_1st_stage"

However, when I execute the recovery_1st_stage script at the command
prompt, it was able to execute successfully.

Any suggestion I can resolve this issue?

Pgpool-II: 4.5.0
PostgreSQL: 15.5
Linux Distro: Slackware 15

Thanks,
Sei Heng

--

SendQuick Pte Ltd
76 Playfair Road, #08-01,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This email and any files transmitted with it is intended only for the use
of the person(s) to whom it is addressed,and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email. If you are not the intended recipient please
do not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this e-mail. Thank you.