[pgpool-general: 8969] invalid authentication method "ldap"

Joonas Korvala jkorvala at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 04:25:50 JST 2023

Hello.

I am having trouble configuring LDAP authentication via pgpool. No matter what i try, at startup of pgpool i get the log entry "LOG:  invalid authentication method "ldap" if i have method ldap configure on the pool_hba.conf and naturally the authentication will fail with error "missing or erroneous pool_hba.conf file"

I have installed pgpool 4.4.2-lp154.38.4 via zypper and everything else is working as it should with loadbalancing, autofailover and autofailback, LDAP is working on the postgres server itself if bypassing the pgpool.

I really need to be able to access control from what host the connection are coming from, is it possible to get ldap working from a RPM installed pgpool or is it only available when installing from source using the --with-ldap option?