[pgpool-general: 8785] Re: Is systemd service unnecessary?

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Tue May 30 20:09:46 JST 2023

Hi,

> I noticed that 'recovery' bash script can start postgresql and pgpool on
> another server. So is it unnecessary to enable pgpool systemd service?

The online recovery scritps are used for recover a PostgreSQL node, not the pgpool node.

  https://github.com/pgpool/pgpool2/tree/master/src/sample/scripts

If you want to start pgpool automatically, you need to enable pgpool systemd.
However, if you enable the pgpool systemd service, you need to:
- make sure PostgreSQL is running before starting pgpool
- alternatively, you may need to set search_primary_node_timeout to a higher value
  to wait for the primary to start. (default is 5min)

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS LLC