[pgpool-general: 8641] Clients disconnection when slave node is off

Jesús Campoy jesuscampoy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 07:37:02 JST 2023

Hi all,

I have a problem with clients disconnection when the slave node is turn
off.  It would be great if someone could help me with this issue.

My environment is:

   - OS: RHEL 5.7
   - Postgres 11
   - streaming replication as redundancy mode
   - In one server runs pgpool and the primary database (node 0), in
   another server runs the standby database (node 1).
   - Load balance mode is disabled
   - Both backend weight with default value

I have a great number of clients connected to pgpool. The problem ocurrs
when the slave node is stopped (because sometimes I need to power off the
slave host). All clients are disconnected. Is there a way to avoid these
disconnection?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jesús