[pgpool-general: 8884] Re: Prepared statements over pgpool ?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Jul 10 19:01:18 JST 2023

> I have no idea what that is, I thought it was added by pgpool :D
>
> From osm2pgsql source
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/blob/60e3e5c1b05b31c66e725c2737b3adc69d869ba5/src/middle-pgsql.cpp#L1423
>
> Both mark_rels_by_node and mark_rels_by_way prepared statements are in
> the same string, so probably sent as a single query.

I see. That's the problem. Pgpool-II cannot handle queries on a single
line well (we call it "multi statement query"). In this case only
"PREPARE mark_rels_by_node..." is recognized by Pgpool-II but "PREPARE
mark_rels_by_way..." is not.  Currently there's no workaround for
this.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii