[pgpool-general: 8913] Re: WARNING: there is no transaction in progress

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Aug 9 13:34:36 JST 2023

Hi

> We have a java application that uses jdbc to connect to pgpool 4.4.3 that
> is connected to a master and a replica. It's working but in the logs there
> are thousands of the following warning:
>
> WARNING: there is no transaction in progress
>
> Any tips to resolve this warning ?! pgpool is committing on the replica
> with no open transactions.

I am not sure if pgpool sent "commit/abort" or not.
Could you share the pgpool log and PostgreSQL logs of both master and replica?

If it is possible, could you share the query that caused this issue?
Alternatively, if possible, could you set log_statement = 'all' and share the logs?
Please note that after reproducing the issue,
disable log_statement = 'all' to save the disk space.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS LLC