[pgpool-general: 6558] Re: pgpool HA

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Thu May 16 05:54:26 JST 2019

Yes, it is possible, depending on the requirements and your network
topology. Pgpool-II doesn't have any such restriction and the only
thing you need to make sure is that, when the VIP is shifted from one
datacenter to the other then all the network routes should be updated
accordingly.
One way to do it is to use the public IP address as the VIP.

For reference have a look at the below article to failover the private
virtual IP address across availability zones on AWS.
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/apn/making-application-failover-seamless-by-failing-over-your-private-virtual-ip-across-availability-zones/

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama