[pgpool-general: 5883] Re: Pgpool-3.7.1 segmentation fault

Philip Champon philip at adaptly.com
Wed Jan 24 07:45:58 JST 2018

I tried running down the issue a bit more, it seems that when pgpool starts
up, it consults the status file in logdir. If the primary is marked as
down, it seems that pgpool will not try to reconnect to it. This leads to
segfaults, when a master connection is requested.

I found that if I removed the pgpool_status file, everything worked as
expected. Have I misconfigured this service or should I continue to remove
the status file, to work around a bug?

Sorry for all of the chatter, as I work through this.

Thanks,
Philip