[pgpool-general: 6319] Re: postgresql and pgpool-II compatibility

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Dec 1 08:38:46 JST 2018

> Hi,
> I've installed postgresql v10 and v11 and was looking to install pgpool-II for the same from  Index of /yum/rpms . But i'm unable to install any 2 versions of pgpool-II as it conflicts some files. I believe any version of pgpool-II should work with any version of postgres? Why there are so many packages then for each version of pgpool-II and each version of postgres? Wouldn't one pgpool-II 4.0 package sufficient for any version of postgres installed?
> Do let me know. Thanks.

If you are refering to Pgpool-II community rpms
(https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Yum_Repository), they are
prepared for *each* PostgreSQL version. You need to use
pgpool-II-pg10-4.0.0-1pgdg.rhel7.x86_64.rpm for V10, and
pgpool-II-pg11-4.0.0-1pgdg.rhel7.x86_64.rpm for V10.

This is because our rpms depend on PostgreSQL community rpms, whose
install path is different for each PostgreSQL major version.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp