[pgpool-general: 4662] ERROR: unable to read data from frontend

Wolf Schwurack wolf at uen.org
Thu May 5 22:17:05 JST 2016

We been getting this error "ERROR: unable to read data from frontend" I did a search on the error it shows that it was bug in version 3.4.0 but that it's been fixed.

We are on version pgpool II version 3.4.4 Should the fix be in this version? When the error happens we are getting TIME_WAIT on the application server. We had up to 170 TIME_WAIT's in a minute's time.

We have two pgpool servers and two PostgreSQL servers running streaming replication

Servers: Ubuntu 14.04.4
PostgreSQL: 9.5.2
Pgpool: 3.4.4

Wolfgang Schwurack