[pgpool-general: 3901] Re: Postgres Sequence numbers different on backends when inserts run concurrently

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jul 30 17:15:13 JST 2015

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:40:14 +0900
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> I'll look into this and fix it.

I found that insert-lock never be issued at 3.4.3. The problem is
the following commit:

"Fix the case when user table includes spaces"
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=6a7b1ff4eb1cf0fba16ff3ca909a1505355b05ae

Due to this, table names passed to pgpool_regclass are double-quoted
and pgpool_regclass('"public.my_table"') always returns null. Instead,
it should be pgool_regclass('"public"."my_table"').

This causes pgpool-II to fail to check needs for insert_lock properly.

I'll make a patch for fixing it.

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>