[pgpool-general: 3662] Re: postgresql and pgpool - how best to set up a no data loss solution

Christophe Pettus xof at thebuild.com
Mon Apr 27 10:32:17 JST 2015

On Apr 26, 2015, at 6:28 PM, Derek <derek_kouch at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> The reason why I don't want to use a synchronous connection is because if the standby is slow, or is down, it freezes the master.

Then you need to resign yourself to the possibility that you might lose committed transactions in the case of destruction of the master.  To make sure that the secondary is as close as possible to the master, don't direct query traffic to it so that it never has to delay applying changes due to query conflicts.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof at thebuild.com