[pgpool-general: 2480] Re: NooB setup and confused

espeake at oreillyauto.com espeake at oreillyauto.com
Fri Jan 24 04:51:52 JST 2014

Josh,

From:	Josh Berkus <josh at agliodbs.com>
To:	pgpool-general at pgpool.net
Date:	01/23/2014 01:43 PM
Subject:	[pgpool-general: 2479] Re: NooB setup and confused
Sent by:	pgpool-general-bounces at pgpool.net

pgPool is usually installed on a third, proxy server.

For some pgPool features, you need a postgresql database on the pgpool
node as well.  If you're just doing connection proxy/failover, though,
you don't.

That is what it was looking like, and I guess I will need it on the PGPOOL
node since I am wanting to set parallel queries.  The SQL servers ar setup
in a Master/Slave streaming replication.  With that combination it appears
that I need postgres installed to be able to create the lock tables needed.

Thanks for the response.
Eric

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.