[pgpool-general: 2382] Re: Error when use pgpool2 with JDBC

Denis Thomas dthomas at telecomdesign.fr
Wed Jan 8 17:32:29 JST 2014

Hello,

thanks for your help.
I finally managed to use pgpool2 with JDBC. I replaced version 3.1.1
from Ubuntu package by 3.3.2 I compiled, and I add in connection
parameters protocol version 2.
My program is not a web application with Tomcat or another servlet
container, but a little test program written just to try pgpool. I use
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource to connect and Spring templates
to send query to database. Here my datasource bean :

<bean id="datasource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
     <property name="username" value="XXX" />
     <property name="password" value="XXX" />
     <property name="url" value="jdbc:postgresql://server/database" />
     <property name="driverClassName" value="org.postgresql.Driver" />
     <property name="connectionProperties" value="protocolVersion=2" />
</bean>

By putting protocolVersion=2, that works, but now I 'm facing another
problems : I have no load balancing, and for transaction, I cannot use
read-only transaction with propagation required (I have to use
propagation="SUPPORTS"). But may be these problems come from my program,
and when I'll test later with a real web application they will disappear.

Denis