[pgpool-general: 1774] Re: How to do this with PgPool-II (3.x)

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu May 23 19:16:07 JST 2013

> Hello,
>
> I have a user that seems a prime candidate for PgPool-II. This is what
> we need to do:
>
> We have three servers:
>
> RW (read write)
> R0 (Read only 0)
> R1 (Read only 1)
>
> We want to ban ALL READS from RW EXCEPT for those listed in the
> exclusion list that are stored procedures.
>
> We want all reads to be from only R0 or R1. I am aware we can do this
> through detaching and attaching. So this part we have handled. The
> real question is can we do the ZERO READS from RW except for the
> exclusion list?

If I can assume RW is the streaming replication primary and I
understand your requirement correctly, I think you could implement it
by:

- set backend weight for RW to 0

- list your stored procedures in black_function_list

Please note that queries to system catalogs (including internal
queries generated by pgpool) still go to RW.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp