[pgpool-general: 1702] Re: pgpool - issue with md5

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu May 9 07:59:21 JST 2013

> Hi,
> I have been trying to get md5 authentication work with pgpool and keep running into issues (pgpool not picking the right pool_passwd file and so on). Right now, all that seems to be solved, but I am getting a "psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "hbsi"" error. I am attaching the debug output from pgpool. It looks like the password from the frontend and the one in pgpool config keeps changing.
> An error

It seems the cause of the error is apparent: you supplied wrong
password.

2013-05-08 18:23:51 DEBUG: pid 3317: password does not match: frontend:md54d973dd3805852de6ef2a9d15a46346d pgpool:md554da49b85b7f3f2ebb9bc676182f9d69

Are you sure to give pgpool same password which is used when you
created pool_passwd entry?

> read_password_packet_password: failed to read password packet "p"
> is also present.

This is normal. psql tries to connect to pgpool with no auth and
pgpool rejects it with the message, then psql retry with md5 auth.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp