[pgpool-general: 1890] Pgpool 3.2.4 streaming replication: "pgpool_regclass(cstring)" does not exist

Sergey Arlashin s.arlashin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 06:15:34 JST 2013

Hi!
I have Pgpool 3.2.4 installed with 2 postgresql 9.2.4 backends with streaming replication enabled.

I can see the following message in pgpool.log :

Jul 12 20:59:52 lb-node1 pgpool[3673]: do_query: error message from backend function "pgpool_regclass(cstring)" does not exist

Similar message in master backend log:

2013-07-12 20:59:52 UTC ERROR:  function "pgpool_regclass(cstring)" does not exist

However I can see that  pgpool_regclass is installed on both backends:

Backend1:

template1=# \df
                                List of functions
 Schema |         Name         | Result data type | Argument data types |  Type
--------+----------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
 public | pgpool_recovery      | boolean          | text, text, text    | normal
 public | pgpool_regclass      | oid              | cstring             | normal
 public | pgpool_remote_start  | boolean          | text, text          | normal
 public | pgpool_switch_xlog   | text             | text                | normal
 public | pgpool_walrecrunning | boolean          |                     | normal
(5 rows)

Backend2:

template1=# \df
                                List of functions
 Schema |         Name         | Result data type | Argument data types |  Type
--------+----------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
 public | pgpool_recovery      | boolean          | text, text, text    | normal
 public | pgpool_regclass      | oid              | cstring             | normal
 public | pgpool_remote_start  | boolean          | text, text          | normal
 public | pgpool_switch_xlog   | text             | text                | normal
 public | pgpool_walrecrunning | boolean          |                     | normal
(5 rows)

Could you please tell me what this error messages mean?

--
Best regards,
Sergey A.