[pgpool-general: 1879] Re: pgpool status values

Rene Romero Benavides rene.romero.b at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 23:40:10 JST 2013

http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#pcp_node_info

$ pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres hogehoge 0
host1 5432 1 1073741823.500000

The result is in the following order:
1. hostname
2. port number
3. status
4. load balance weight

Status is represented by a digit from [0 to 3].
0 - This state is only used during the initialization. PCP will never
display it.
1 - Node is up. No connections yet.
2 - Node is up. Connections are pooled.
3 - Node is down.

Have a good day.

2013/7/8 Jayadevan M <jayadevan.maymala at ibsplc.com>

>  Hi,
>

> 1)      I am testing pgpool failover for PostgreSQL streaming
> replication. When I shutdown the master server, I had to restart pgpool so
> that it would redirect new requests to the slave. It did use the failover
> command and promote standby to master before I resorted to restarting
> pgpool. What parameters would impact this behavior – i.e. when a new
> request comes in, redirect it to the slave (now master)?
>
> 2)      I ran pgpool in debug mode to get the health check values, to see
> how quickly it responded, and have the following lines
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 1
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 1 th DB node status: 1
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 2
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 1 th DB node status: 2
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 3
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 1 th DB node status: 2
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 3
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 1 th DB node status: 2
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 3
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 1 th DB node status: 2
>
> DEBUG: pid 14549: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 3
>

> The significance of the status values – 1,2 and 3, are they documented
> somewhere? What do they mean?
>

> Thanks for all the great work you are doing with pgpool and timely replies.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jayadevan
>

> DISCLAIMER: "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain
> confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail
> in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original
> communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees
> the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this
> email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects,
> omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or
> indirect."

El genio es 1% inspiración y 99% transpiración.
Thomas Alva Edison
http://pglearn.blogspot.mx/