[pgpool-general: 2338] Re: Ask for help

Nozomi Anzai anzai at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Dec 13 19:51:00 JST 2013

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> In our firm among others we are using pgpool ver. 3.2.3, pgpooladmin
> ver. 3.2.2 and postgres version 9.1. We would like to use the latest
> version of pgpool ver. 3.3.2 and pgpooladmin ver. 3.3.0. Now I am
> testing this version, but can not work functionality to
> stop/reload/restart PostgreSQL from GUI. I did everything according to
> the instructions, namely:
>
> $ cd pgpool-II-3.3.2/sql/pgpool-recovery
> $ make
> $ make install
>
> After this:
>
> $ psql -f pgpool-recovery.sql template1
>
> Where should I insert parameter: pgpool.pg_ctl =
> '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl' ??????. If I insert this parameter to
> postgresql.conf of postgres cluster, then it does not start (FATAL:
> unrecognized configuration parameter "pgpool.pg_ctl").

In postgresql.conf is right. You can add it anyware in the conf file.

Did you succeed installing pgpool-recovery? Could you confirm that
"SELECT pgpool_pgctl('reload', '')" would work?
# This function always returns true.

=# SELECT pgpool_pgctl('reload', '');
 pgpool_pgctl
--------------
(1 row)

> And in pgpooladmin konsole I have an error:
> superuser: unknown (Connection error)
>
> But my superuser is postgres, like a login to pgpooladmin.

When PostgreSQL stops, pgpoolAdmin show thus, because it can know about
that only by asking to PostgresQL.

BTW, I found pgpool_pgctl() function would be executed by sr_check_user or
health_check_user as whom you could set non-super users, and it might be
not good.

--
Nozomi Anzai