[pgpool-general: 2091] pgpool-ha configure/compile - pgpool directory not found

Mistina Michal Michal.Mistina at virte.sk
Fri Aug 30 04:25:50 JST 2013

Hi everybody.

I compiled and installed pgpool by not defining any particular pgpool
directory, so pgpool was installed in /usr/local directory (etc, bin,
include.).

The PostgreSQL server is installed in /usr/pgsql-9.2 and cluster resource
agents in /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat.

I issued configure command on the pgpool-ha sources (cloned from git):

./configure.sh --with-pgsql /usr/pgsql-9.2 --with-pgpool /usr/local/bin
--with-ocf /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat

. and I got this error:

Pgpool directory (/usr/local/bin) not found.

PGSQL_DIR: /usr/pgsql-9.2

PGPOOL_DIR: /usr/local/bin

OCF_DIR: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat

Makefile generated

Why is the configure command telling me the Pgpool directory is not found?
Is that OK and will resource agent work if the searching for Pgpool
directory failed? How is pgpool-ha ./configure command checking pgpool
directory?

Best regards,

Michal Mistina