[pgpool-general: 2036] Re: PDF format of the documentation

Stephane Wirtel stephane at wirtel.be
Thu Aug 15 15:35:30 JST 2013

Hi all,

The rst is a simple format as like as markdown. You can write your text in Japanese via UTF8.

Sphinx can generate a PDF, HTML, ePub and man pages format.

For the PDF, sphinx uses latex as a backend and latex can generate a document in Japanese.

Sphinx can manage  i18n it can extract the text and provides a directory for the others languages.

About the anchors, there is no problem with sphinx and restructured text.

I converted the original HTML file to the restructured text  format with pandoc.

After, I had to change the tables and the anchors because pandoc didn't correctly translate the tables and the anchors.

Please, I would like you to read two websites.
sphinx-doc.org
And http://flask.pocoo.org/

The flask project uses the sphinx doc generator and
generates a PDF and HTML docs. There is a style
for the generated documentation.

For the translation in Japanese, I think you can check
this link.

http://sphinx-users.jp/doc10/

Best regards,

Stephane