[pgpool-general: 1982] About watchdog with heartbeat mode

Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Fri Aug 2 14:14:47 JST 2013

Hello every one in the list. I am planing to test pgpool 3.3 for developing one solution with this version using the heartbeat mode functionality present in this version, but I have doubts with some configuration parameters in watchdog over heartbeat mode because I do not understand what configuration parameters are used for monitoring the remote pgpool process.

1. In heartbeat mode, the parameters for monitoring the other pgpool process, are only heartbeat_destination and heartbeat_destination_port?

2. The parameters other_pgpool_hostname and other_pgpool_port are used in heartbeat mode or in query mode or both modes?

3. What are the differences between heartbeat_destination, heartbeat_destination_port and  other_pgpool_hostname, other_pgpool_port configuration parameters?

I will apreciate any answer to these questions.

Regards.

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com